As you have noticed, it is easy to get confused when you want to choose the best kids’ electric car from the market. There are a couple of reasons why the situation is happening.
First, there is an increasing demand for innovative toys in the market. Second, thanks to pop culture, kids are really into automotive stuff. It is not surprising to see kids enthusiastic about electric cars, fancy features, and car brands.
Therefore, getting the best electric car for your kid would not be a waste of money. In addition to being an impressive toy, the miniature vehicles can teach your kids a lot about road safety, driving, and socialization.
We should also keep in mind that some of the kids’ electric cars come with advanced features and control options. Therefore, as a parent, you can stay in control.
Here, we have listed the five best kids’ electric cars from the market.
Winner: Best Choice Products Kids 6V Ride On Truck
- Battery: 6V, Rechargeable
- Weight: 27.5lbs
- Speed: 2MPH
The 6V Ride-On Truck from Best Choice Products is our best overall pick if you want the best electric car for your kid. The product comes with an innovative design and provides maximum comfort for your kid.
Though the product requires assembly, the process is simple. Once set up, you can operate the mini-vehicle without any effort. Parents can also choose three-speed options. Long story short, this electric car can make your kid happy and excited throughout playtime.
- It comes with a genuinely realistic design that uses plastic and metal. Best Choice has done a great job of finishing as well.
- Dual control options: parents can use the remote control or let their kids drive. Until your kid learns to use the steering, you can guide them using the controller module.
- The vehicle has a maximum weight capacity of 44lbs. Therefore, even as your kid grows, you would not have to look for upgrades.
- It comes with a built-in AUX outlet that allows on-demand media playback. You can make sure that the fun times stay memorable.
- The car can get up to 2MPH of speed and offer ultimate comfort for the kids. It is thanks to the high-quality build and padding.
- It packs sturdy exteriors and comes equipped with LED lights. These lights also function as a way for navigation in low-light scenarios.
- Only a few finishes are available to choose from
- Some reviews mention problems with the horn
- After-sales service needs improvement
Runner-up: Power Wheels 12V Dune Racer Extreme
- Battery: 12V
- Weight: 78.07lbs
- Speed: 5MPH
If you do not mind spending a little on your kid’s dream electric car, here is an option. You can use the Power Wheels 12V Dune Racer Extreme if you have kids and toddlers between 2 and 7 years of age.
Made for both boys and girls, this vehicle can accommodate two kids at a time. The design seems bulky compared to our first pick, but you can count on the durability aspect. There are also better possibilities for your kids to explore multiple adventures with the electric car.
- The package consists of a 12V battery, which increases the performance and battery backup. You will not have to charge the car quite often.
- Monster Traction system can let your kids take adventures to the next level. They can even take the vehicle to rough terrains.
- Because the Power Wheels 12V Dune Racer Extreme has been designed to house two kids, it can take up to 130lbs of maximum weight.
- Even though the product seems a little exposed, it contains sidebars for support. So, even during the high-speed runs, your kid will feel safe.
- The electric car comes with a high speed of 2.5MPH and 5 MPH. While going reverse, you can bring the rate to 2.5MPH as well.
- If you feel other kids’ electric car models make them feel too claustrophobic, you will love the open design of this model.
- The Power Wheels 12V Dune Racer Extreme is quite expensive
- The design is a little too fancy for some kids
- It lacks multiple control options
Alternative: Peg Perego John Deere Gator XUV 12-volt Ride-On
- Battery: 12V
- Weight: 61lbs
- Speed: 4.5MPH
Are you looking for a more premium kids’ electric car? In that case, you should check out what the Peg Perego John Deere Gator XUV 12-volt Ride-On has to offer. The vehicle comes with an SUV-like design that all kids would love.
The design comes with REALTREE camo, and you can choose between multiple options. In short, the product offers the best features for the extra price you have to pay. The electric car is suitable for kids of a broader range as well.
- The Peg Perego John Deere Gator XUV 12-volt Ride-On comes with a 12V battery. Even if your kids love to take the vehicle to rough areas, the car can catch up.
- The car also comes with a maximum speed of 4.5MPH. You can also take care of the primary speed of 2.25MPH.
- Compared to the other models we have listed in the article, this electric car does not weigh much. When fully assembled, it weighs only 61lbs.
- Thanks to the broad design, the Peg Perego John Deere Gator XUV 12-volt Ride-On can house a total of two kids. So, if you have two kids, it will be fun.
- The design provides a good amount of control to the parents as well. For instance, parents can turn off the high speed of 4.5MPH.
- Like our runner-up option, the Peg Perego John Deere Gator XUV 12-volt Ride-On has also used tires with high traction. You can also count on the aggressive front brush guard.
- Limited color and finish options
- The bulkier design takes up space
- Costly price tag
Alternative: Kid Trax Dodge Pursuit Police Car Ride-On
- Battery: 12V
- Weight: 70lbs
- Speed: 5MPH
Do your kids like an electric car that brings the whole police pursuit to feel? You should check out the Kid Trax Dodge Pursuit Police Car Ride-On in that case.
Even though the product costs a considerable amount, the high-quality design and construction are worth mentioning. Thanks to the powerful motor inside, the mini police car can reach high speeds. We also spotted a few features that justify the price hike to some extent.
- As mentioned earlier, the vehicle comes with a 12V battery. In addition to powering the motor, the battery takes care of some exclusive features.
- The Kid Trax Dodge Pursuit Police Car Ride-On comes with a working megaphone PA system that kids can use. The flashing emergency lights also add to the overall feel.
- As you can see from the image, the design is realistic for the most part. The construction is so outstanding that it can handle up to 120lbs.
- The vehicle has a maximum speed of 5MPH. However, it is worth noting that the car is not suitable for toddlers.
- Many reviews praise the Kid Trax Dodge Pursuit Police Car Ride-On for its adaptive motor. The car will step up the game as per requirements.
- Once again, this electric vehicle does not get too heavy.
- It lacks parental control options.
- We expected a few more features for the price you pay
- There are some durability concerns in some reviews.
Alternative: Aosom Ride On Car Off-Road Truck SUV
- Battery: 12V
- Weight: 70lbs
- Speed: 5MPH
We recommend the Aosom Ride On Car Off-Road Truck SUV if your kid is interested in off-road SUVs. While it is true that you have to pay a considerable amount, the product delivers in terms of features and control.
As a parent, you can have peace of mind while your kid is using the vehicle. Compared to the other options in the list, the Aosom Ride On Car Off-Road Truck SUV contains better performance and capacity. You also get to enjoy good speeds.
- Even though the Aosom Ride On Car Off-Road Truck SUV comes with the same 12V battery we have seen in other models, this car can ride well on rough surfaces.
- Like our winner pick, the vehicle allows two modes. In one, a parent can use the controller module. On the other hand, the kid can drive the car as they want.
- Thanks to the powerful battery, this kids’ electric car would also run for a whopping 45 minutes. This number means your kid can keep playing until they get tired.
- The manufacturer has used high-quality wheels with the car. They can not only handle up to 110lbs of weight but also offer maximum comfort to your toddler.
- The package also contains some of the extra features you would love. We are talking about tail lights, horns, and a built-in music player.
- Last but not least, the Aosom Ride On Car Off-Road Truck SUV also offers good speeds up to 5 MPH. These come in handy more often than you think.
- The product can be pretty bulky and needs space
- Not suitable for kids above 8
- It requires up to 12 hours for charging
Kids Electric Cars FAQs
How fast does a 24 V ride-on go?
Kids Electric Cars are available today in a multitude of sizes, powers, and voltages. Before buying the product best suited to you, it is essential to know how fast every car goes. Every car, or ride-on, has a battery and a motor responsible for generating power that speeds up the car.
The smallest ride-ons, made for the youngest children, run small batteries and low-powered motors. These electric engines make the car move at a speed of 2 mph (~3.2 kmph). Considering that an average human’s normal, brisk walking pace is close to 4 mph, this small engine is designed to keep your child safe while providing the joy of motion.
Ride-on toy cars powered by 24 V batteries generate more energy than the smallest of these toy cars. These batteries allow the rides to achieve speeds of 6 mph (~9.6 kmph).
However, only those 24 V cars fitted with 24 V motors can move at 6 mph. Moreover, 24 V ride-ons have reached top speeds close to 10 mph at times.
Will a 24 V motor run on a 12 V?
Yes, a 24 V motor will run on a 12 V setup, but you must know that the performance will be terrible. Since current is directly proportional to voltage, reducing one will reduce the other. Therefore, even though your car will run a 24 V motor on a 12 V setup, it will be only half as effective.
As if losing half the power was not enough, this experiment can end up harming your machine by damaging wires and the motor. Consequently, most experts will compel you not to run this setup unless the reduced power is precisely what you are looking for.
A 24 V motor powered by a 12 V battery supply will make everything run in a sort of broken, depleted way. You will not be able to power your toy car in the right way, and it may affect the weight-power ratio in your ride.
Certain weights need at least a particular minimum power output to function correctly. Therefore, if your battery does not power the motor to its fullest capacity, the car will not propel itself forward in the usual comfortable manner. Imagine riding in the first gear throughout the journey.
You can use this kind of setup for DIY projects. These projects generally aim for a very controlled speed to not encounter any mishaps.
What age are ride-on cars for?
Children from the ages of 3-7 can use ride-on cars. The car toys will generally be available in different sizes and models, and you can choose the best accommodation for your child.
Kids younger than three years are generally yet to develop their motor skills and balance. Therefore, you can find other non-electric toys that will help the toddlers develop these essential skills.
Once your child is three years old, it is safe to say that they have enough control and coordination to handle electric engines under their feet. These children also have the curiosity and urge to drive their vehicle. A low-battery electric ride-on car is the best option for these fascinatingly young drivers.
The lowest battery power of 6 V will only manage a top speed of 2 mph, which your child can handle easily. These ride-on toy cars also come equipped with the highest safety for your kids.
Additionally, these toy ride-ons also carry features that will keep your child entertained. These entertainment features include realistic engine sounds, working headlights, and even an inbuilt media player system. You can even choose a toy vehicle with bright and flashy colors for your kid with the wide range of toys available on the market.
These cars also come with a parental lock on the speed and control on the steering. These measures enable you to control your child’s ride come what may, ensuring utmost safety.
Kids aged 5-7 can handle even heavier cars powered by 12 V or 24 V batteries. Such toy cars are manufactured by famous companies like Jaguar, Audi, and Bentley. A dual-motor vehicle would be a good choice for your child in this age group.
Keep in mind that you can still have parental controls on speed for your kid. However, even a car running on a 24 V battery reaches speeds only up to 6 mph. So, it doesn’t seem like you have a lot to worry about there.
Are there any safety features on electric cars for kids?
A significant number of eyebrows are raised about the safety standards of toy ride-ons. Since reputed companies manufacture these cars, most car parts are authentic and of the best quality.
You should not be surprised to find leather seats and state-of-the-art suspension in these toy cars. These features might justify the ~$400 cost of this electric vehicle.
It is crucial to know that there is no specific government safety standard for these toy cars. The least that parents can do is invest in quality safety equipment; urge your child to wear a bicycle helmet on every ride, along with elbow and knee guards. Parents should also make full use of the parental controls on these cars. They can put a cap on the top speed of their driver-kid, and some cars also allow a tracking service.
The worst possible risk of driving ride-ons is a collision with an actual motorized vehicle. These crashes end in severe injuries and have been fatal in some cases.
Another issue with electric toy cars is overheating. A malfunction in the battery can end with the toy car in flames. Parents need to keep a watchful eye on their children’s wheels to prevent such a mishap.
We believe you found our collection of kids’ electric cars helpful. We have included even the most affordable and expensive options from the market.
Depending on the design and features your kid would love, you can pick one. For instance, if your kid is totally into driving, you should get them a kids’ electric car with advanced options like LEDs, sirens, etc.